Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Weekend






We had a lovely Thanksgiving. Rah Rah made some wonderful baked goods and side dishes, the turkey was moist( I guess buying it from grocery outlet was a good idea) and the pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce were some of the favored tastes. We relaxed a lot after the work of preparing for the day. Spence took a nap on Thanksgiving and the day, it was nice. I went to Kohl's at 4am for black Friday shopping. There was barely anyone there. Apparently, I had missed the rush since midnight, which I was happy about.
Now, I am in full fledge Christmas mode. We put up our tree today and other decorations. I couldn't find our tree ornaments for quite some time. We had Emmy go up on the rafters in the garage to look for them and we went through all the storage bins to no avail. Then, I remembered we probably moved them to the shed, the only problem was all the Christmas gifts I bought on black Friday were in the shed, so I wrapped them.
Yep, I am feeling more ready for Christmas than ever and its November, hehe. Our first Christmas party is this Saturday and the weather outside is starting to show signs of winter. I am grateful to have found all our decorations. I forget how much nostalgia we feel about the traditions we have and decorations we expect each year. I am ready for a rest after all this cleaning, organizing, and decorating, then I will be ready to spread the Christmas spirit around all through December.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We went to Utah Again

I had a great time celebrating my birthday with the pickeball ladies. I then helped my mom host her brunching beauties party in her backyard...