I was thinking a lot yesterday about how I grew up, and the traditions we had in my family of origin and things I learned from that order. One was Every Saturday we cleaned and did yard work. WE did deep cleaning. And usually the outside yard work included my Dad trimming all the bushes and trees in site and my sister in I following behind him with trash bags to pick up any fallen foliage. My Dad would tell us he had some needlework for us, which we assumed meant sewing, however, it was in fact picking up all the dried pine needles that accumulated in the front yard due to our big Pine tree. After all our rooms were clean Kitchen scoured and yard impeccable, we went swimming and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and evening with BBQ, or activities with out friends. Work before play. It made it nice and fairly easy to have a peaceful Sabbath day the following day. On the Sabbath, after church, we could read our scriptures, write in our journals, visit the sick or elderly,or do anything that would be considered worship and rest. Everyone is different and every family dynamic is different. because of our sweet but monkey kids we cannot do hours of peaceful quiet on Sunday or hard labor on Saturday hehe.
I love my family and am very happy to have different perspectives from each of my family members. Each of us learn in a different way, and have different needs. That teaches us patience, tolerance, and empathy for one anothers differences.
Saturday's Activity this last week: VTing for Mom, Primary family history activity for Joe, Ride and shopping for Brian and other three kiddos, Bowling at Kennedy Jenks summer party with Mom, Dad, Joseph, and Emelie. Also, shopping at Walmart with all four of the kiddos and they did great! We came home and used Mom's new Swifter Vac!
Sunday Activities; Attending church, Very good lessons about the importance of the Temple, wii entertainment for Celia, Spencer and Brian visiting Rah Rah and Papa, photo framing for Mom, and Quiet/nap time so we can all ponder, think and just have some peace and quiet.:)
Peace and quiet? You mean there is such a thing?? And to think all of this time I thought it was just another old wives tale! hehe ;)
ReplyDelete