Sunday, December 13, 2009

Do you have a flyer?


I love flyers, especially the ones that I receive from Brian about his Annual Work Christmas Party. They are always in beautiful fancy restaurants, and I always have a great time. I get to see a more social side of Brian which I love and get to enjoy fantastic food, atmosphere, and dressing up! I didn't want to buy anything new, but I wanted to find something nice. I found the outfit I wore to my Ten Year high school reunion.:) Yay purple is a new Christmas color I decided.:) This year the party was at Chops Steak house on 11Th street in Sacramento. I usually google the restaurant before we go, but I was too busy too this time.~ The State Capitol was across the street and so beautiful lite up at night. It had poured all day, but we missed the rain going into the restaurant. It was very clear and beautiful out. Downtown Sacramento decorates with a lot of white lights.:) The restaurant was nice. It was very modern, I think the area we were in turns into a night club at night, the lounge seating tipped us off and the dark areas with benches that had sheer material encasing the booths. Looked a little like a harem would fit nicely in there lol. I loved the fresh flowers they had. Very exotic mixed with bird of paradise! They were beautiful in color and it renewed my hope of the bird of paradise growing outside my kitchen window. Its a gorgeous dark green color, but it has yet to bloom.


We received drink vouchers from our hostess and since we don't drink, I got a Shirley temple, which I was told by another gal there was so old fashioned and sweet.:) It was great to chat, although I was extremely embarrassed when one of brian's co workers started talking about World of Warcraft the video game. He was referring to a commercial for it, but started being like Mr. T and being really really loud lol. He knew the whole commercial and was talking about night elves and everything, I coulda died lol, so embarrassing. Brian just smiled and eventually the subject was changed, phew.


Since we were fashionably late, the name cards had been placed on the tables almost everywhere. Brian's boss moved some around and we sat at his table. The food was great! the bread was seasoned really well, the potatoes were seasoned really really well and the fillet Mignon was sooo good. I even loved the peppers and onions and broccoli they had for vegetables. In the past at these events I love the fresh fruit desserts, but this chocolate cake , I give two thumbs up! After dinner we play games. One was a pop quiz of current events, and the other was pairing license frames sayings. Both were a little challenging, but fun. Next year, as Brian's boss pointed out several times, Brian is in charge of the party. He'll have the mic, he'll pick the place, and he'll have to come up with the games and prizes. I'm nervous that some of that will be delegated my way.. hehe


Overall it was a big success, and I can't wait for next year. I'm so glad we got Judy reserved to babysit a month in advance, so I could attend this great event. Many people tried to take that date! We'll be sure to have a beautiful flyer next year, and many years to come.:)

1 comment:

  1. Too funny!!
    You know you're hoping some of next years planning falls on you!! That's so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...