Saturday, June 30, 2018

Fun and First Times

We have had a little bit of fun this June. Celia got to go to girls camp for the first time and Joseph enjoyed High Adventure. The Priests and Deacons went to Lake Oroville and slept out on the river and then water river rafted down the American river to top off the week. Joe came back sun burned and reset with stories and good memories made. Father's day was nice. I barbecued and we had the grandparents and Kieran over. Kieran and Addison have been visiting from Hawaii so it has been fun . Celia has enjoyed swimming with them. She actually swims across the deep end herself! She has watched and encouraged Kieran on his skating .She is becoming a lovely young woman.I heard she even bore her testimony at camp. :)

 Celia and I got to go to Tahoe overnight and it was beautiful. No drama and everyone slept well. We hung out at the Diamond Resort beach and walked around shops down the street. I loved the Italian restaurant we found and visited that night. It was the yummiest food and I was happy I had a coupon for garlic bread. The kids were in heaven. I shared with Celia an we had the best spaghetti and meatballs, I've ever had. Another great experience was visiting inspiration point. The road to there is curvy, high and narrow. It was fun to drive the family there in my black car. We looked for bears and enjoyed all the trees. I couldn't believe the air quality. So clear and crisp.It was lovely to be there. We visited North-star on the way home after a slight accidental detour to Carson city. Now we can say we have been there. While at North star we took a ride up the Gondola. There were two and the second one rose up 1000 feet in elevation. Celia was a little nervous when we'd reach each point and the gondola made a sound. She said "Well that is a concerning sound". I agreed, but we made it safe and it was a fun little ride. The top of the mountain was beautiful too. The Sierra Nevadas are impressive and I am reminded how much I love nature and the outdoors.

We had a youth temple night recently too. I drove and was so please to have Celia actually be baptized. The sensory sensitivity she has with water was a deterrent, but she was brave. Joe was so tender with her. He was like a missionary baptizing a new member. So respectful and with care he slowly dipped her into the water and checked on her when she came up. Once was good for her and I felt the spirit so strong that evening.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...