Friday, June 14, 2019

Gladness of Heart

I'm feeling that I should be grateful. Life is full of things that require effort and patience, but the blessings from the work are significant. I feel love from others. Alex gave me a gift and thank you note for being her friend. I am happy with the relationships I nurture and the love and joy that comes from those. I feel the Lord's tender mercies and and am often comforted when things seem uncertain. We sure had a lovely time in Hawaii. Yes, there was some bickering. I never get over how affected I am by others arguing. I am not used to it anymore. I did see insights in to how others view their world as I tried to understand where they are coming from.  I did feel inspiration and love even though I wasn't in my usual routine for quiet time, exercise and scripture study.

The time change made it possible for me to sleep in and to live more casually. I enjoyed snorkeling quite a bit. Everything was so relaxing. The beauty, the warm waterfall Jacuzzi, the music and the beautiful plants and scenery. It is pricey to live and visit there, but the Ohana is real and the aloha spirit warms my heart. I enjoyed my Dad's testimony at Tanya's ward. He encouraged the grand kids as he was encouraged to serve a mission, and choose to be temple worthy as he as been for 50 years. He talked about how it blessed his life. I was teary eyed and appreciated his sincerity and concern for his posterity. Joe helped in ordaining Kieran to be a priest and all my kids attended Sunday school together. The teacher was black and white with his views on life and how to navigate it. I wasn't in that class, but I do think it is important to choose good. To decide ahead of time what you would do in situations to uphold your beliefs and morals. Commandments and ordinance helps us to navigate our lives better. We know so little in this life and sticking to what is important and valuable is imperative. I fell happy for the time I have had with each of my children as they grow and move out.

Spencer transitioned wonderfully to his duplex as we were in Hawaii. We have been so fortunate for him to be able to step down from crisis and to be more independent. It has been easy in a way. More smooth then one could imagine. We are getting his swing reinforced in his garage and I hope this will be more comfortable for him swinging this summer and better to not aggravate his allergies.

The weather here has been bi polar, but it was so pleasant in Hawaii and we came back to summer weather. We have AC and beauty all around so I feel more ready for this new season.














































1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Aud. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the church life. I am also blessed by my visit to your blog post "Gladness of Heart" Those beautiful pictures of your family members with radiant faces show the gladness of Heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed going through your family pictures. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,s trengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. WE also encourage young ahd the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you as a family come to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...