Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bitterweet

All of a sudden, talk of preparing for leaving this life became a topic of conversation. Mostly instigated by Tanya, I tried to shrug off her need to talk about burial plots and will and trusts. It seemed even friends at lunch were bringing this up. My folks acted on a thought to prepare and I had to go with them to see the plots they had chosen, and the funeral home and even the headstone. This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but was glad they are more prepared in the end.  I am beginning to see this life as a time to be kind, develop our relationships and discover our selves choosing the right.  I value the virtues of integrity and patience and long suffering. I am grateful for he family ties I enjoy. I have felt so much love and concern for each of my family members. I am a mama bear, if things aren't going great for any of my children.I cry at their triumphs and their disappointments. 

When hearing that Emmy wasn't going to have her friend's support in visiting L.A. My mind thought, then don't go, and my heart thought to go with her. I did end up meeting her in Whittier and we had a grand time. At the news of her friend's passing, I knew it was right to go and spend time together there and support her.
We had a wonderful time in downtown Disney. The food and entertainment were great. We got to see  a mini luau Polynesian dance performance and visit the hotel grounds which was very reminiscent of Hawaii. I loved the giant fireplace and the Tikki lamps lining the walkways. We wore our ears and visited Huntington beach in them. Walking by the ocean at night was nice and I loved getting in so many steps. Emmy would tell me when we got an award for ten thousand steps!

That was nothing compared to the 50 miles Joe hiked on his high adventure! Also, nothing compared to the two hours Celia drove for the first time!  July has been a great month and we have seen Spence many times and he has had some really belly laughs for us. He had a relapse of GI problems, but we are working through it and  he is without a dryer, but overall life is good and we are doing well.
We enjoyed  a meal here for the fourth and fireworks at Sun city on the 3rd and had fun at the neighbors for street fireworks.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...