Saturday, January 11, 2020

Drop off at the Universities

I can't believe it all happened last Friday. We packed up all  the kids  that were coming and all of Joe's belongings he was bringing to school and headed to Utah/ Emmy brought stuff too because she likes to switch out here stuff, I am telling myself we are not just a storage unit here at home base\
 The Sierra Nevadas were clear and I was happy to make it there with no inclement weather. WE had Costa Vida and stopped at Sips. The boys noticed there was a game store full of people there in Draper. Magic the gathering must be hoppin' there. We saw emmy a little on Saturday, but Bri, Celia, And i walked the university mall int he morning. We enjoyed running around Provo and Brian and I enjoyed a walk on Center street to see pioneer book. It was sunny and 50 degrees outside and I was so happy to have the warmth and walking. Snow was on the ground and Provo was a little chili, but not too bad. We went and visited Lance and Dawn and got to go see Taylor play in his Junior high basketball game. He had a purposeful fowl and we all got a kick out of it. It was pretty cold leaving the game, but im glad we went. Celia sure seemed to like seeing a real game at a real school. She needs to check out her charter school games more, i think as they are real too.

We ate all all the good Utah places, kneaders, burgers supreme, and a new place we found in Provo. The sold street tacos,m but the quesadillas were so good, we went back for an encore. We watched Hot Rod at Lance and Dawn's and visited. On Monday we headed up Emmy and Joe in her car and Brian, Celia, and I in the van. It was a pretty ride up top Rexburg. We stopped at a Shoshone convenience  store that our maps called Walmart, but it was a good adventure.

Rexburg was full of snow and holiday lights and decorations, like a winter wonderland. Joe did best one on one getting his apartment settled in and being shown around campus and town. I was glad Emmy stayed on Tuesday and they hung out together getting ready for school to start. We saw some familiar faces at Walmart and everyone we did encounter was so friendly. It will be different having Joe off to school, but I am hopeful for him that he can learn a  lot and have a great time.

I've organized his bathroom and room and our house seemed bigger. We are figuring out routines and what to do without extra time. we always we playing Magic the gathering, now we will see what we choose to fill in the time with next. Car rides are still a thing and I have high hopes for the new year.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...