Sunday, May 24, 2020

Never have I ever

In the morning times, wee hours of the early morning, I get ideas. You can call it reflections or revelations, or light bulb moments. A few days ago I had a gratitude moment somewhere between 5 and 6 am. I woke up thinking about how never have I ever had such a well attended garden and grass in my yard. Never have I ever had so many closets so organized. Never have I ever felt so fine about worshipping at home. It seems like I may becoming into a time in my dealing with Covid 19 lifestyle changes that helps me realize the silver lining. Celia and I finished her books for humanities. I balled a little. I was touched by what they are reading and how it is such to preparation for being a good citizen.

I love that the neighbor brought over a balloon and flowers for Celia's 8th grade promotion. In Roseville, never have I ever had such good casual relationships with the neighbors. I talked to the neighbor across the street who has a small baby and we had a great time talking. I loved seeing that cute little innocent boy. We have had more social distanced walks with Alex and Olivia and those walks get Celia out and about and being social. That is a fun treat for me and her.

 I could list my many blessings and go on and on, but I am aware of so may suffering and it is quite sobering. At the beginning of the year, I chose a word to represent my year. Hope. I think this is important as sometimes we all feel the anxiety from this pandemic and its potential aftermaths. I hope that I can help tie my family tight together and to the gospel. I hope that I can help create ties that bind. I hope I can succor and comfort hurting friends and neighbors and buoy up those that suffer so much and turn them to Christ who gives peace to all that search him out and follow his precepts.

This morning's ahah moment was about the Book of Mormon and how a person may get closer to God through following its precepts than by any other book. And what precepts are those? They are following Christ, keeping the commandments, being aware to avoid pride and to have charity. This scripture is wrought with so many stories of change of heart, deliverance, and how to govern oneself and others. I am following Come Follow Me curriculum  this year instead of my daily page by page study of the book. I do it yearly and I miss the everyday every page approach and how it so influences my life. The dedication I have given in the past to the study of the Book of Mormon has helped me to resist temptation, remember the atonement and do all that the father asks of me. There is so much to do all the time and so many things to be aware of, but it is easier and possible to do those and be full of joy if we seek his word and listen to our father. The means he left for all of us to have to personalized answers to our daily questions is through his word, I am grateful to have the Bible and the book of Mormon to study his word and receive more personal revelation to guide my life each day. Then I can say never have I ever felt his word more in my life.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...