Wednesday, January 19, 2022

It's Been a New Year

It was quite the adventure with the kids home from college with their plus ones for New Year's. I got creative on where to house everyone in the house and how to entertain everyone. I loved it. We visited Old Town Sacramento and passed by the Capitol. We saw Palladio and Folsom stores that are our favorites. Grocery Outlet, A1 comics and the Cave. Time passed by quickly as we gathered to the temple and dinner after.I love that celia came in the temple.~ We visited the Silicon Valley, the Oakland Temple, and the Redwoods of Santa Cruz. I cooked Posole and my folks brought over Jambalaya for New Years Eve. Brian and a few from the crew made it to Rah Rahs house for puzzle doing. Anytime playing games and sharing a meal with this group was a lot of fun. I was energized by it. I especially enjoyed playing Love Letter and Coup. There were many a magic card game and I'm glad for all the hustle and bustle. Om the Sunday after New Year's I sent away four and we were left with a quiet three at home. I didn't last long as we prepped for a new school for Celia and a new seminary. It was a little nerve racking to start, but she is acclimatizing well. I love the independence I see in her especially as I've started my Master Gardener classes. I am intrigued and so happy with all the new things I am learning. I've had an extentsive Intro to Horticulture and next will be a whole unit on soils. Im bringing in some of my native soil to check out this week and I can't wait to learn to prune fruit trees next! Its been a quite but lovely month going on dates with Brian and hanging out with my mom and boot shopping. Also, heading to class with Heather. The house is quiet and more clean and its a nice reprieve from the hustle and bustle, but I know it will be busy again with visitors and we wil all have a grand time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...