
Tonight I was so happy to have the Opportunity to go and visit Josi S. Kilpack, my pal from long ago. Brian was so sweet to come home and watch the kids. It always is such a nice feeling of freedom driving away from my wonderful little ones while I do something for myself. Its great to reminisce and remember friends and my old book group from the Inauguration neighborhood. It is so wonderful to me to have women writers these days to create and express themselves so beautifully. I loved hearing the stories of how these books came to be and feeling the excitement of those who were touched by these books was truly amazing. I love all the little details of the signing, asking the spelling of the name, the anticipated signature, and the gold seal of the autographed copy.
After all the commotion and many books were signed and the Deseret book store employees expressed their appreciations and excitement for Julie and Josi to be there, we went to El Torrito for Dinner. They lit the fire for us and it was great food and great company. I want Emmy to explore her talent in writing too. I downloaded blurb and maybe we can upload Emmy's book she has been writing. I think she should publish it herself, sign it, and have it on hand as a copy for here at home.:) We truly are blessed with wonderful imaginations and capabilities to express ourselves, we should use that to the fullest and feel wonderful for doing so.:)
I'm SO glad you came last night, Audrey. It was so great to see you and be reminded of those connections we make in life, that while based on circumstance or location or whatever can really last and be precious ones. You have such an aura of optimism and acceptance, and I was humbled to be around it again. Thank Brian for making it possible; dinner was just icing on the cake and I'm so glad you could come. Really--thank you. (And I love seeing your family on this page--you guys do good work)
ReplyDeleteAwe... I just want to hug the both of you!!
ReplyDelete