



All four of my kids attended a carnival for those with disabilities and their siblings yesterday. Emmy is a Miamaid now and her class was and taught about Autism last Wednesday. It was cute how Emmy said she knew about everything they were talking about. Of course she does, she has lived with Autism in her family for a while and she does so well with Spencer.:) These Miamaid girls, there were around nine of them made a cute carnival with games, music, food and fun for these special children. I was very nervous to say the least to leave Spencer there especially after he tried to steal all the frosting as soon as we arrived. Tammy Scott and Karen Lancaster are the Miamaid leaders and they did such an amazing job. All the prayers and good work from this group made it possible for me to get a little painting done on a Christmas gift for Emmy, a little bit of wrapping, and Brian and I were able to go to In-n-out for lunch. I really needed the break as I was coming down with some sort of cold in my throat. I appreciate that opportunity for the ward to serve us and was feeling so blessed as they thanked me for letting our children come.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment