



Tammy climbed the manzanita tree!

Beautiful Bridge


I took this picture of Heidi near her dreamhouse:) She thought it was such a neat house!


I braved a pioneer cemetery( not my idea) but this fence was cute!

I had a chance yesterday to go up into the Sierras and hike around. The weather down here by our house was gloomy, foggy, and raining, but when we reached placerville we had gone above the cloudiness and were in a beautiful area.I went with two friends; Tammy Scott from my ward, and Heidi Van Woerkom from my book group. Heidi has made a hiking group and it seems they've gone to many neat places. I said that I'd love to come and I'm so glad that I did. The mountains around the American river are just beautiful.
Some highlights from the hike were seeing all these beautiful red manzanita trees and many beautiful green bushes with red berries that seemed like a Christmas decoration I'd want in my house. I enjoyed seeing beautiful houses amidst the hills and fall leaves climbing the switchbacks. I warned the girls I get hungry every couple hours hehe, so I had a little bit of my turkey sandwich and a granola bar on the hike. After we were down the hill we smelled a fire that was amazing. We think it was maybe cedar burning. It was near this cute rustic hut in town, a perfect place to cool down and stretch taking in all the ambiance. The smell from the wood was so heavenly. The town of Coloma is so cute, I also saw a fire stoking in a nearby blacksmith, Sutter mill although it wasn't running. We also saw some kids coming for their school field trips,just like Emmy and Joseph.:)
I enjoyed the company of two amazing women and the fresh air and exercise did me a lot of good. Heidi also brought homemade banana nut muffins we enjoyed and we listened to Christmas music in the car.:) I am excited to go again, this new group I joined hikes about every three weeks! I am grateful tat Rah Rah could watch Celia and get her off to school so I could enjoy this wonderful experience. It was quite the task getting all four kids out the door by 8:15 am on a friday, but it was well worth the effort.:)
GORGEOUS pictures!!! What a fun time with 2 very fun women!! Such a great idea!!
ReplyDelete