Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Celebrating~














It's the middle of August and it has been eventful! My birthday was lovely. I had a great day with the kids. We went to Mountain Mike's pizza for lunch. They have the best pepperoni there:) We also went to dollar tree and the kids each got me something for my birthday from the coins around the house that we've collected in a jar to keep and save. Brian and I were able to go out to Red Lobster which was totally yummy. I loved the lobster and shrimp and spending time with Brian. We saw our friends there, the Bruce's, and it was cute how Irene threw a sugar packet at me to get my attention and it nearly hit the waitress. I just said, I know her its all good.:) We continued our week with tutoring then Thursday afternoon Brian came home early from work and the kids and I sans Spencer went to Mammoth Lakes California for a little reunion with my parents. Tanya,and her boys.
In Mammoth,we enjoyed a beautiful gondola ride up to eleven thousand feet elevation to send off my sister on her bike ride down the mountain. It was beautiful and picturesque. It was a cool 55 degrees at the top. I wasn't even too scared of the ride up even though it was my first time in a gondola and I am afraid of heights. The kids did well. Celia stayed with my mom on that trip and with them again as we rented a boat on Saturday morning and attempted to fish for trout in Lake Mary. It was a great time. My favorite part was being in charge of the motor boat and helping the kids with their poles since I had the most experience of the group with both which isn't saying much. We were excited to be out in nature and learn the principles of patience, persistence, and survival:) We did get stuck on the boat and pulled out the oars which was fun and got rescued with a start for a motor.
We had a super lovely yummy meal at the Tamarack Lodge with my parents, Emmy, Celia, Joseph, My sister, Addison, and Kieran for my birthday. The kids had great manners and it was a blessing all around. I loved biking, swimming with the kids and using the Jacuzzi. We attended sacrament meeting there and many of us bore our testimonies which was a special experience for the extended family there. We enjoyed T-shirt shopping, going out for pizza and rides in the mountains to see beautiful views.
The 50 was closed( due to a traffic accident) on our way home so me and the kids took a detour around lake Tahoe to get home. It was beautiful and I really enjoyed stopping in Truckee to purchase peridot( my birthstone) earrings with my birthday money from RahRah,
to match the watch my parents bought me there for my birthday seven years earlier. I was glad that Spencer and Dad did pretty well with out us, but of course coming back together as a family was the best part.:) It was great celebrating my birthday in this way and I feel happy and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...