Monday, August 15, 2011

Seventeen Years~ August 12th 2011





Anniversaries are great. Its nice to remember back seventeen years ago when we married in the Los Angeles temple. I pulled out my wedding album and found a few fun pictures that depict what happened the rest of the day. The luncheon was yummy. I liked having Grandpa Holmes there along with Aunt Dixie, Uncle John, Aunt Kathy and both sets of Brian's Grandparents. I've been taking Emmy to a lot of wedding receptions lately. Its so fun to see them dance, toss the bouquet and cut the cake. Each wedding is different, each are so important to that couple. I'm grateful so many of my miamaids I taught when Celia was an infant are now married in the temple. I'm glad we have fond memories of our day and the reception. It was so hot an usual 107 degrees in Santa Monica when we were married. I love that it cooled down to 70 degrees for our outdoor dinner on the lawn at the Richard Nixon library. I am glad the rain began only after we drove to our destination in the Le baron convertible after dancing until 10pm! The pictures look a little antiqued, but I figure they are jsut likeus and get better with age.)
We tried to celebrate our anniversary all weekend. We had a hard time leaving Spencer at his out of home respite. He had been having a lot of trouble sleeping and had been on a medicine vacation. It was rough on everyone. However, Brian and I were able to go and sing more holiness give me together at a choir practice for new members, Elders quorum presidents, and their wives. we were able to go to all sessions of stake conference and have a quiet time with the rest of the kids. We enjoyed going to Rah Rah's house for brunch on Saturday. We played Yahtzee and have yummy German pancakes with fruit, and sausages. Its so peaceful out on her porch, we had a lovely time. I feel blessed to have family around and support during times of stress or even to celebrate events. We picked up Spence early. He had a rough time there, but since has been been happier and we feel so grateful to have him home with us safe, and well taken care of. I am very pleased to be married to my best friend who is such a great guy, father, and support to us. Happy Seventeenth to him. May we have many more together!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...