Saturday, September 15, 2012
Time out for Women and Motherhood.~
Last weekend, I went to the Deseret Book event, Time Out For Women. We went Friday night and heard wonderful speakers and listening to a very talented vocalist, Dallyn Vail Bayles. He has played Raoul as the understudy for "Phantom of the Opera" and has performed and traveled with the Broadway play"Les Miserables." I love live music, and to hear such a excellent performer was a treat for me. We came home and rested and the next Day Bright and early Laurie and I traveled to the Sacramento Convention Center for day Two. The Speaker were funnier and they had a religious Man Band called Jericho Road that entertained us. There were about 2,500 women in attendance. We participated in putting together meals from donations collected at the event. I was touch to hear that this even collect and made enough meals for 364 families of four. The Theme of the even was "Seek the Good". We talked of what we as women can do with our influence, twas a great experience. It was the 10th anniversary of this even and I always love getting the tote that comes with. Who can have enough purses, right? I bought the DVD and can't wait to watch those talks again, although it was much better in person and I'm glad Brian was willing to hold down the fort for one and a half days for the rejuvenating experience that it was.:)
Last thursday was my first Relief Society meeting as the first counselor. It was a great night. It was a TV like show called "Good Morning, Motherhood". We had a great MC who guided the night by asking questions sisters had submitted about mother hood to the panel of 5 mothers in various stages and situations. I enjoyed being a panel member. We talked of how to do it all, when to teach your children about the birds and bees, routines, and how to teach our children spiritually. There were cute interactive comercial such as name that hymn and a plug for ward choir. We passed out chocolate, cookies, and had homemade ice cream for dessert. My favorite part was how everyone participated and answered questions. It wasn't just about the panel, but was a great uplifting experience, being together as women and having a great time. We are going to have to think of ways to facilitate next months meeting to be just as great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...

No comments:
Post a Comment