Thursday, May 28, 2015

Holiday and fun times

We had a great Veteran's Day this last weekend. I'm glad that Brian could have the day off to spend with the family. We went for family rides of course and were quite happy finding ourselves at Dickie's BBQ for lunch. We all felt a little sleepy except Celia after that and we woke up to her water mess in the bathroom. these children we have are precious and we have to teach them all the time to be careful. We try to take care of our bodies, our house, and our belongings. It is so easy to be careless, but it is more worthwhile to prevent heartache and accidents if possible. I've been feeling lately that I want to repair and fix up anything that needs attention. We fixed Emmy's car that was with out a grill and dented for 8 months. It turned out nice! There were hiccups and frustrations of course, but the end product was worth it. Emmy, her friend Kaitlyn and I even ventured to pick and pull and found a Mazda just like hers and got a grill with the emblem already on it. It happened to be half off day because f the holiday weekend and it felt so good to get that done! Now we can keep that care car a bit longer and use it as an incentive for Emmy to do great in school her first semester of college to get to drive it her second semester.

Emmy graduate from High School Tomorrow. I'm excited for the next phase of her life, she is a little hesitant. I'm happy with the woman she is becoming and all the great things she has accomplished. I'm excited to see her graduate from seminary as well. Joseph promotes to high school soon too. I like having older kids, they are helpers and understand so much. There is so much life to live and learn and experience. I really value our family time together. Lately we have been around the fire and making smores. We walk around the mall together, we got o concerts, and we eat out. We garden together and do chores. We finish projects and got for road trips. We read scriptures together and talk about important things in life. We play card games and board games and learn about scouting and tithing and budgets. I'm pretty pleased with our lives however imperfect they may be. I'm grateful for these memories made and the fondness I will feel later having persevered through the hard times and made the most of the good times.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...