The rain and clouds, rainbows and sweet clean air are amazing in this region of the southwest that we were visiting. We were able to go to Santa Fe and on to Albuquerque to visit Grandma Jean. I love to see the pinion trees and the adobe style houses and even the sideways street lights. It make me feel like I'm somewhere very different from home. We were trying to explain to Grandma about the delta breeze in Sacramento and just then we experienced something that felt like it in her backyard. It was nice to sit and visit and watch Celia play hide an seek with her little fairy toy and count the many frog decorations Grandma Jean has around. She is doing great. She made mac and cheese casserole for us and we had some yummy cream cheese and jalapeno jelly while her and Bri ran out and got KFC for us. The kids did well Celia danced for Grandma Jean and they all played with Bo, the dog. It was a lovely visit and we made a day of it. It is great to just pack out cooler and go.After having car trouble I felt more than ever that having a car is freedom. I'm grateful I can drive and that we can zoom around and see things. Brian is so kind and nice to his Grandma Jean. It was touching to me to see his connection to her and his support and comfort he brings. He is such a great man.

No comments:
Post a Comment