Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cabin Time and The Road Home

My battery was dead and we finally were able to get me a charger in Alamosa on the last day. After traveling around so much we decided to hang around at the cabin. Walt, Gloria, and Kendra came for a lovely visit. The kids did archery and BB guns and we relaxed on the porch. it was beautiful and touching to see the milky way galaxy. There are so many more starts in the sky than we can see here in California on any given night. I wanted to get a few family pictures. That doesn't always go over well, but I  was pleased the family tried for a minute or two at least.:) With Emmy going off to college soon I wanted to have some pictures and time together.

We drove home to California through Utah. It is not our usual way, but with my parents in town we have no reason or desire to come home through Los Angeles. I loved passing by Moab and the red rocks in the area of Zion's nation park. We stopped at one arch an got out for a little.  Visit Lance and Dawn again was nice. We watch  as the boys played football, Emmy joined in this time, and we talked together. The first time around Lance smoked some yummy meat and we had s'mores. It is so nice to have family there to stop, visit, and stay with. It was very enjoyable. I loved that Taylor and Celia played in the backyard together for hours in their fort/playground area.  We liked passing through Utah and seeing temple and peeking for Andrew and tasting the best donuts around from P market. Most importantly we are making great family memories. and I'm glad I can document it at least in part her for my memory.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...