That night we went to Waikiki to eat at the Barefoot beach cafe. The food and live music was superb and the parade of sailboats and sunset was amazing. We topped off the great day by walking to the city to Moana Surf rider hotel and checking it out. It had the most gorgeous Ban-non tree and lights over the eating area on the coast. It took my breath away. I had to get a KOA ornament of that tree at the Hotel to remind me. Emmy showed me the other fancy Hotel in town called the Kahala, but I was too enamored by the first one to notice much.:) We had mo-chi ice cream an headed home. Was a lovely and great experience it was to visit family in Hawaii at Christmas time. I feel very blessed and hope to remember this great opportunity made possible by my extremely wonderful husband, family, and helpers.
Friday, December 18, 2015
The Beach, Bay, and Beauty
I enjoyed sleeping over at Tanya's She was such a great Hostess and tour guide. I love that she wanted to make sure that I got it all in! Kieran and I kayaked to Island brew where Tanya had Treated me to acai bow the first morning I was there. That was a super fancy and healthy parfait. They need to have those around here! The Kayak got a little stuck, but I was glad the Harbor Patrol towed us back to Tanya's house on the marina and that we didn't fall in. The boat took a little bit of balance and coordination and I quite enjoyed being in control. Another thing I wanted to do before we left was Snorkel. We went to Hanuama bay. It was crowded and we had to watch a video just to enter the beach, but it was well worth it. I snorkeled for the first time and went for quite a long time and quite far out with my Dad as my snorkeling buddy. I saw huge fish and colorful ones and. I saw a tiny eel, but quite angry with me showing it's mouth open. I saw a sea cucumber and many tangs. How surreal it was to be swimming with the fishes that I see in tanks as the dentist, but these look like they had ingested miracle grow! I did get to lay out a little bit and work on my tan. Everything is up hill or downhill around the island it seemed so we took a tram up the hill after our long day snorkeling.
That night we went to Waikiki to eat at the Barefoot beach cafe. The food and live music was superb and the parade of sailboats and sunset was amazing. We topped off the great day by walking to the city to Moana Surf rider hotel and checking it out. It had the most gorgeous Ban-non tree and lights over the eating area on the coast. It took my breath away. I had to get a KOA ornament of that tree at the Hotel to remind me. Emmy showed me the other fancy Hotel in town called the Kahala, but I was too enamored by the first one to notice much.:) We had mo-chi ice cream an headed home. Was a lovely and great experience it was to visit family in Hawaii at Christmas time. I feel very blessed and hope to remember this great opportunity made possible by my extremely wonderful husband, family, and helpers.
That night we went to Waikiki to eat at the Barefoot beach cafe. The food and live music was superb and the parade of sailboats and sunset was amazing. We topped off the great day by walking to the city to Moana Surf rider hotel and checking it out. It had the most gorgeous Ban-non tree and lights over the eating area on the coast. It took my breath away. I had to get a KOA ornament of that tree at the Hotel to remind me. Emmy showed me the other fancy Hotel in town called the Kahala, but I was too enamored by the first one to notice much.:) We had mo-chi ice cream an headed home. Was a lovely and great experience it was to visit family in Hawaii at Christmas time. I feel very blessed and hope to remember this great opportunity made possible by my extremely wonderful husband, family, and helpers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...




No comments:
Post a Comment