Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Onset of a Year.

The beginning of the year has been pretty good. We love the river and any water. Celia asks to go the the water all the time. The traffic was pretty bad on the way to the pocket so we stopped in Old Sacramento. We saw the town preparing for the New Year's Celebration. We went to a cute tiny little Subway and and fun together. Celia liked her Star Wars kids meal and Spence had fun sporting my hat. We had a great New Year's filled with games, candy, and Hors D'oeuvres. The Grandparents were over and we toasted with Martinelli's. My folks had a resolution for me to visit them every other day(no pressure) and help my Dad write his family history.

We try to do game night when we can, and family meals and it helps our relationships to grow stronger. I have felt supported through changes in my life with IHSS, being called to Jury Duty, and my calling in Webelos, and Primary at church( Emmy has been coming to class with me). We made marble track with Cooper for Webelos and I was able to do a photography gig for Laurie and her daughters. I took pictures and edited for her baptism invitation. It was stressful a little as the missionaries were coming over for dinner that night, but we did it and I loved the creative outlet.  I've gone shopping with my folks a lot lately too. Retail therapy sure is fun.:) Emmy and I went to lunch to Boudins( for their amazing butternut squash soup) with Alex Mccartney and we went boot shopping afterwards. There seems to be so much going on.

Emmy has been a great help with watching the kids. Brian and I even got to go to Ward Temple Night last night and went to Chili's after.We are going to miss her when she ships off again to BYUI in the Spring. We give her a hard time, but she really is an asset to this family. She is looking for a job so we work on that during the days. There is a lot of socializing going on this year so far with play dates, friends over, and many events we are invited to. Life is face paced, but I'm still trying to get yoga in when I can and of course make time for family scripture and prayer. These routines help shape our lives. We walked with the grandparents on Miners Ravine trail. It is neat to see how it changed from dry area to roaring river since we have been blessed with so much rain. Today, I walked at Dry Creek park with Laurie Jensen and the path was covered in water, we had to take the paved way. It was fine, but I feel so grateful for the times past to see the variety and goodness of it all.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...