I found a Groupon for a geyser near Napa, California. I thought that sounded something Spencer and Celia's speed as far as recreation and entertainment. My folks packed a picnic and we headed there. We had gorgeous detours and saw beautiful sites. A hotel my folks had stayed at for a few "None of your business trips" back in the day was impressive. It was warm out and the trees were nice for shade. We saw lakes rivers and streams, animal life, and the car worked great. It was lovely family time together. I feel so blessed to live in beautiful California. I think everyone wanted to go to the bay area in the morning. It took an hour longer to get there than returning. The difference in traffic made us so happy and grateful to have no traffic on the way back. April is Autism awareness month, but I felt joy knowing we can do things that are within these kiddos comfort range and still have a lovely time.
My folks came to church with us today. I was thinking on how to keep the spirit with me and not get too distracted by things in life that are superficial. The talk I heard today was all about the Holy Ghost. It was an answer to my prayers and a reminder. Spencer and I didn't stay long at church, but it was quality rather than quantity. We had car ride and had a great time having lunch outside at my folks, enjoying the hammock and playing games. Spencer smiled and stood up when he was ready to head back home. I'm grateful for the home and the peace we are blessed with right now, and my heart and prayers go out to those affected in the Japan an Ecuador earthquakes in the past few days. May they be freed if they are trapped, and comforted if they are distressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment