My Dad had a big birthday coming up so he wanted to celebrate and my Mom thought of the perfect place. I was happy to go again and to bring Celia. She and Kieran(who is visiting from Hawaii for a month) got along very well. They went to the swings, checked on the chickens, and played games together. The town part reminded me of Laguna a little bit, but the victorian feel was all its own. We stayed in a tiny two room Victorian cottage. It was so quaint.
The kitchenette looked like Celia sized, but we made do. We we out to eat at the flow restaurant the first night. It was healthy fresh, organic food. So tasty. There seemed to be a theme of this around town. Words can't describe all the beautiful flowers and gardens. We enjoyed a walk downhill through all sorts of greenery to a somewhat private beach near the Allegria where we stayed. We loved looking through the cave nearby, gathering beautiful seashells and skipping rocks. The fog dispersed and the sky looks a purple hue with blue blue water. There were some little challenges on or trip, but overall it was just such a lovely experience. I got a dream come true twice with visiting a lighthouse and getting a beautiful amethyst ring at a cute shop in town. We walked and walked and I loved the air and how it didn't get too hot. We saw deer and enjoyed a great sunset on the cliffs of the Mendocino headlands. What a great place to appreciate beauty and to be grateful for our everyday lives and conveniences as well. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and family. What a great experience, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to go.




No comments:
Post a Comment