I did it, I went and saw Multnomah Falls! Ever since I was in college, I thought how beautiful those falls were and how I wanted to see them. Emmy must have remembered this desire of mine because she suggested we go and see it for my birthday this year. It was such a great time! Brian was the man of the hour for holding down the fort an supporting us on our adventure. We booked a room at La Quinta Inn. It was great to say the least. The beds were pretty comfy and they had a great continental breakfast and a pool with a hot tub. It seemed a bit more snazzy than the one we would stay in when we'd visit Utah. The Virgin America Airline was pretty impressive too. We enjoyed the stewardess video instructions that included a rap and big dance show. The seats on the plane were leather and cushy too.
I found a full city and Waterfall tour and it was a fun adventure around town all day. We were pleased when the city tour was of beauty green areas of Portland. We saw a castle, a gorgeous rose garden and an Amazing Chinese(true to life) garden. The people were different and the city was definitely interesting and nothing about it was dull and boring. I truly felt we were out seeing the world and getting different perspectives. We got stopped on the freeway due to traffic and were reared, but all was fine. We did see a few people walking around on the freeway during the stopped traffic. There is so much out there to see and experience. We took the Max Line to the airport and I feel like we explored public transit. I did enjoy the travel very much and the waterfalls were all that I hoped for. Emmy was a great traveling partner and we got along great! What a wonderful pre-birthday experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment