Tuesday, October 4, 2016

General Conference and Dancethon


I was glad my folks were in town for General conference. Celia and I had gone over to Grandma's for Women's conference an it is nice to be with family who has comments on the talks and listens with you. Grandma, the kids and I snuck off to Clark's in the Folsom Outlet mall. These shoes are so supportive and feel great on that we have to shop there often!

 We watched as much conference as we could in between car rides with Spence and trips to the park with Celia. I find Prayers are answered as I listen to the speakers an I learn more about topics I have been thinking about.  I was pleased that Joseph stayed home and watched priesthood session himself! think this conference was a call to do more and be better. Luckily the Lord helps us in our desires to become more like him. I love to strive for the spirit and direction and help in my endeavors and the Lord does not disappoint.  Spence has been have a hard time behaviorally for months, but I saw no aggression very little behaviors when Brian was one for a week, What a blessing that was. We are still working on medicine changes for Spence, but things are looking better.  It is interesting how opposition works. Hard times make us so grateful for the good times. On the way home from my folk's house on Sunday after conference, it started to rain cats an dogs. It turned to hail. There was a little flooding and the hail was loud and we were fine driving home and to our pleasant surprise the storm left as quickly as it came and the hail was beautiful on the ground like snow. I fell my trials come in spurts like the hail an have hidden gems of understanding attached to them that I realize after the fact.

The twin cousins that we love so much turned one and we had fun attending their "where the Wild things Are" birthday party. Celia made a homemade card that told them she was their big sister/cousin and that she love them. It was sweet and Celia helped pick out outfits and a stuffed animal to give them. It is too bad they are moving to Texas this week. We have found out that Celia is a baby lover since they have been in our ward and as we have introduced ourselves as family.  I decided with the change in season I would color my hair darker. Boy did it get dark. It has since lightened up, but I made have wore a hat or two and got comments from Joseph how it was so dark black and purple.

For volunteer hours at John Adams Academy i was the Photographer for the 70's themed Dance a thon. It is a fundraiser for the school. The kids had a raffle for a lot of the prizes. I worked in the raffle room and screened all the music for the event. It was a lot of fun and I was excited my friend referred me for the photography work. I am not a professional, but it went well talking pictures of all the classes in Elementary and I felt closer to the students, class and school by participating int his way. I high fived the kids an sent them off to have otter pops after the picture. Celia dressed up with many accessories Emmy had in her dressed up clothes box pack away in the garage. I couldn't believe how much stuff we have acquired over the years. I think we enjoy dressing up! Celia is doing great at the school this year and Joseph too. they ave kept friendships and built more and I am happy to not be involved with 2 hrs or more of homework per night. Study hall in their regular schedule is a godsend,.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...