Monday, October 24, 2016

Jam Packed Weeks

So much has been going on lately. I run the risk of making a travel log, but because I am aware of that I think hitting the highlights of October will suffice. I signed up for my one time to host for Bunco in October. I made it a costume party. it was so much fun. The gals love the food, candy and hanging out as friends. I had so much fun having a Halloween party that I want to have a big party now and not just limit it to bunco so I can invite all my friends to come and dress up! Although, I probably won't have it the night after hosting a Creepy crawler pack meeting with a lot of people and Halloween prep for that. For Bunco, we had the perfect amount of people and I had the perfect amount of last minute help from my boys: Brian and Joseph.
 Brian bought a great dessert, cake pops since I didn't have time to make these amazing pumpkin spice treat. it worked out perfectly though since Celia had a primary program at church and they were going to have a treat competition. We made the pumpkin cream cheese treats and even put caramel and chocolate inside. The were delicious and it was a lot of fun making them together with her. We've spent a lot of time together lately, Celia an I. We went to the pumpkin patch and braved the not so scary corn maze and haunted barn. I want to go through a challenging corn maze sometime.  It was beautiful day out when she was the only one who didn't have school so we got the mommy daughter time in. it was a school discount day at Zittel farms so we were able to bring home a pumpkin and go on all the attractions for a low price. We saw friends there and it was a great time.  Celia and I took a walk the other night too an found friends on the way an her long lost friend Elizabeth at the park. I think Celia is getting more social, Yay! She is getting bigger too, She went to the Dr. for a physical and made it through the exams and finger prick!

We went for a family ride the other day and almost landed in Woodland. After traveling over the causeway the tire in our van blew out. The last time we used AA in Colorado they must have accidentally taken the wrench needed to take the bolts off the tires. So we called AAA again and had a short detour at Les Schuab. The kids loved the waiting room and I loved the trip to the grocery outlet and exploring a new little town I hadn't explored before. We got  40% off our new tire since we had purchased the last one at the same tire store. This incident could of ruined our day, but it really didn't. In fact, I think Spencer kind of liked it. He had been hoping for a long car ride somewhere new since we didn't get a chance to do that in the van as a family this summer

Last date night, Brian had to go represent the water district at a meeting so Joseph and I got to go see a movie. It was definitely a teenager kind of movie (Suicide Squad) and maybe not mine He had wanted to see it for a while and I had fun going on a mommy son date. Joseph went to his first High School dance last Friday and he seemed to have a good time. I took him and a few friends over there. He then went to a church dance at Sun splash the very next day with friends from the ward. it makes me happy to see them making friends and going to events.  Spencer has been enjoying his new tutor, Jordan and his respite worker Zack. This consistency of them coming has helped Spence to be more happy, I've noticed. A Big boy like Spence needs friendships too although we are tight as a family and Spencer loves to have his siblings around.  Brian and I went and saw Spencer's Dr. together about him the other day and it turned into a lunch date at El Torrito. I love sharing a meal with the hubby and talking together sans kiddos. I think we will do great together when we are empty nesters because of the time we spend with each other now. We went to sushi an visited Scott, Brian's brother. he makes a mean baked salmon sushi.:) Even with other distractions we are still able to talk about books, religion, and play board and card games. We work and nap together. I am so blessed to have him.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...