It was a Holiday Whirlwind after coming home from Hawaii. We prepped for Christmas Eve and recuperated from the flight back and road trip hurrying an getting no where in traffic. The temperature change was noticeable and so I drove to see the luminaries in our neighborhood rather than walk.:) I love our devotional though. So much singing and feeling of he true spirit of Christmas. Christmas morning was nice. The family enjoyed so many great gifts. Celia got overwhelmed a little because who can process all those git and treats without feeling a little overwhelmed. We were happy to have Papa and Rah Rah come visit us on Christmas evening. We opened gifts from them and enjoyed family. Joseph got a gift card and combined it with another gift car a friend that is a girl gave him and he bought a smart watch. I can't believe what a teen he is becoming. He got his permit after one try of not passing. I think it was great for him to learn that he had to study to pass. I feel liek history is repeating itself since we went through the teaching our child to drive phase with Emmy not long ago.
Emmy was such a great help with Spence when we were in Hawaii. She had a desire to see the beach so me an all the kids headed to Santa Cruz on a week day. I got a referral of the best places to eat while there from a friend and we headed out. At first, I thought this is so close to Monterrey, we might as well go there instead. I soon found out that Santa Cruz s its own great place to visit. We stopped off at the Boardwalk. It was a great carnival to see. Joseph won a shop kin stuffed animal for Celia. Spence we loved the sunshine an waves although he his his face a nit. Joseph hid his face in his phone a bit, typical millennial. I looked around and what did I see? A beautiful blue and white lighthouse in view. Never had I had such a beautiful view with such little effort to obtain it. From then on I was all smiles. The girls ran in the surf. Emmy found a sand dollar and we played for a bit.
We went to Pizza My Heart, which was so delicious. Spencer did great in the restaurant which made me feel very happy and grateful. We would definitely go there again. We also visited the natural bridges. There wee so many pelicans, it was a neat site to see although a little stinky. I would have preferred to sit on the beach near the Boardwalk and soak up the 67 degree weather all day. We Did get to visit Marianne's ice cream creamery on the way out. It was all around a great beach day!
For New Year's we went to Grandma's an Grandpa's. We had dinner, played games and dance to Just Dance 2017. I was pretty happy to win the dancing competition and gain rewards from my mom. Never to old to dance! I remember how much I loved to dance and it will be part of my new year, I just know it!

















No comments:
Post a Comment