Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Family and Faultlines

Your mom Is the family historian after all. Bri had to tell the kids that was the case after there was talk of me recounting our love story often to them. We won the Newly Wed game at my folks last night. Our prize was movie tickets. I wonder what we'll see.  It was a great Valentine's Day. I am back in business blogging away on my new technology and feeling so blessed despite chaos in the world today.  The Oroville dam we visited in November was at the point of overflowing and the failure at the emergency overflow sites were disconcerting.. Cities were evacuated at a safety measure and we all got a fire drill so to speak for natural disasters in our area. Earthquakes have happened recently in the East and in Mendocino.

I went and got food and filled up the gas tank.  We have had a few wake up calls lately with emergencies and the fragile state of life. There have been so many car accidents and medical conditions that have taken family and friends by surprise.  I have felt the Lord's tender mercies and mindfulness of me in more abundance lately.  I'm grateful for my life and what it entails. We have had a lot of appointments lately, mostly preventative medicine.

 I learned Emmy doesn't need glasses and Celia does need braces. Spence is having a good week this week. He is happy and engaging more after a medicine change and being laid out in bed for more than ten days. Meetings and changes and new problems are arising everyday. I think this may become the new norm. I do enjoy my loving best friend and hubby, having Emmy in town to help and my parents on both sides nearby. Our van almost kicked the bucket, but we saved it for Spence and to practice frugality although that cherry red xl suburban was a sweet ride. I guess our van will take us through rain and mud and flood a little longer. So here we are plugging along at a new year enjoying each others company and focusing on Love and all is well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...