"Love is what you go through together." Jeffery R. Holland said this and it resonated with me. I feel happy to be part of a great marriage. We truly are happy. We have been through some hard times and some heavenly times together. When we were newly weds I fell ill. Brian was working at the Senior MTC and knew an older doctor we could call on the weekend. I took the medicine this doctor prescribed and soon there after my tongue swelled up and I couldn't breathe very well. We went to the emergency room together. I thought I was going to die and now after having been a mom for twenty years, I think I overreacted a bit. Brian was there for me and such a great comfort. I was given some Benadryl and I rested a bit. All was fine, but our marriage and love for each other strengthened that day. The birth of our first child was difficult, but the love, sweat, and tears given then strengthened us as a family unit of three.
Recently, more hours of care for our son was needed than usual. It was exhausting. I take so much comfort in Brian's words... "It is okay, we are a team". United we are so strong. Knowing someone loves you and will help you out is such a blessing.
Having different strengths and weaknesses helps us to compliment one another. Child rearing is challenging, but with two perspectives, (one female, one male), two great minds brainstorming, and both having love for each child, it is doable. The Lord helps us to know what we should do and working together in marriage to do His work, we do a better job with our children than we would have without each other.
I feel so happy for my husband when he is successful in any aspect of his life. I tell him I don't have to be jealous, because I am part of you and your triumphs are mine as well. He tells me he can be happy because he knows I am taking care and on top of things that I manage in our relationship. We both work, we both help, we compliment and support one another. It may be cliché to say I'm glad I married my best friend. Instead, I should say Brian is my best friend and more because of all we have been through in our marriage and how he has loved me before himself.
Marriage is ordained of God. We are able to create and love when we bear children, prepare, and provide for them. I'm so glad for the opportunity to have a small glimpse of the love and connection God has for his children.
If I knew someone struggling with life and marriage. I would give the advice to give of yourself. Compromise. Think of the other's well being. Look for the good in the struggle. Be patient. Don't expect to much and most of all, don't let what other people think change how you respect your spouse. Always speak good of them and treat them how you want to be treated. Pray for them.
My family and experiences have been so fulfilling to me. It is sacrifice and work. The reward is worth it. I am so happy and grateful. Everyone that knows my situation knows it can be difficult, but I know it is worth it. I glad I was able to recognize, at such a young age, that someone being there for you was a great trait to look for in a spouse. It means they will most likely support your ideas and independence which is so important. I am an individual growing better each day side by side with another great individual growing better each day. It is a wonderful thing. Love and marriage is what I want for my children. It will bring them the most happiness and they will not be lonely or alone, but buoyed up and strong. Life is hard, but it is better in the unity of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...

No comments:
Post a Comment