Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday, a time to reflect and write

I can't believe September is more than half over. Things have changed and are continuing to change, but for the most part things are good. I just finished giving a lesson to the beehives. I am pleased to be with these great girls., I love their open eyes, their comments and the way they talk with me. I love having a positive influence on them and having a relationship with them. Sharing experiences makes me happy and I am glad they are willing to listen. I love the Lord and his way of helping me out when I desire to do his will. I have felt so much gratitude this weekend. For my husband that is so loving and kind and for our rich lives together. I truly need his support with the family. I also love the time I have to be still and quiet and try to be mindful. I am glad for my health and abilities.

 I did feel overheated and upset on Saturday after walking at the auction and the sunrise mall. I'm glad that isn't a feeling I experience very often. I mostly feel loved, grateful, blessed and happy. Sure things happen that get me down, but the bounce back is so fast. I saw myself having joy as I attended church in the same car with all the family at home last week. I have so much joy when the kids are doing well and when we do the things that help others and bring meaning to our lives. Joe brought sacrament to a lady in the ward that needed it. Joe and I also went and visited his friends who had a choir performance in Rocklin. We looked at old cars all fixed up and explored the fair. He ditched me, but Brian came to my rescue and took me to Chipotle and later took Celia out for a fun time and I rested. My job as a mom is being redefined.

I'm glad I have written in my journal in my life. I feel like I know who I am and was because of it. The spirit touches, me tells me things I should know and do and I keep it in my heart. I need to write it down more often. I use the memo portion of my phone as reminders of goals I create, or feelings I have while listening to the spirit. Quiet time writing makes me happy, as well as photography, yard work, visiting while eating with others and riding in the car. Oh and Sugar free hot chocolate from Starbucks:) It can be so easy to think we have to do or be something other than we are. We can take who we are and remember others and love God.

I need to write to remember. I feel like the days and weeks so go fast and are full of good things, but sometimes I forget to see my happiness or enjoy the blessings that are there. I feel blessed to have each child of mine benefiting from the Lord's watchful care of them.

I got a borderline bad test result for my A1C this last month. I am determined to keep my sugar intake down.to prevent any health issues. I am walking more and making more of an effort to go to the gym. I have found I love walking by miners ravine. It really improve my mood and my day. I took my folks to walk there this week too. I hope I always remember to make nature a part of my daily schedule.  I am on day 14 of really watching and tracking myself. I feel healthier already knowing I am taking care of myself and watching my health and habits.

Joe is swimming for school, planning golf with the priests, going out for birthday parties and hanging with friends on top of work and school. He is tired, but he is growing. We have time with him to help him grow and I'm so glad for that. I may have let him lay by me instead of go to seminary the other day. Babies don't keep and he will be turning 18 soon. Time does go by and they grow up, I'm glad we have a good relationship. I realize Celia may even grow up someday, I will use wisely this time and enjoy her around. Bri got a new family game for Celia to play and we are on day two of playing it. Aquarium is perfect for her and she beats me at it. We are still the same, but yet changing routines and working out our progression through life. I'm pleased for the good things in life and being able to see and write a glimpse of it on Sundays.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...