It is seeming more like fall now. We have been fighting the flu a little, and enjoying the clouds and changing weather. For conference weekend, we went up to Tahoe with the folks. I enjoyed the messages and family time together. We enjoyed walking along near Emerald Bay and in King's Beach. We went to the Blue Agave and enjoyed a yummy mexican meal to celebrated a belated birthday for Brian. Celia had a hard time after seeing a dog that looked like it needed help or might die. Brian took her for a walk and everyone tried to comfort her. Eventually, a stop at 7 Eleven for a toy candy combo and a pink donut seemed to help the situation.\
We had an unusual place to stay. It was very 70's style and it had a big tub in the middle of the front room. We had fun and Celia got to use the real Jacuzzi out by the pool as we BBQed with the folks. They had a game room Celia liked and we tried playing pool. We shopped and visited the Ridge and Marriott areas. Celia and I got matching cozy pajamas( I had been looking for some) and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Chart House to end off our days there. We keep teasing the grandparents that we need to go tot Mammoth, but Tahoe really is so beautiful, clean, clear and so close. Joe even drove he and Bri up there in his car. I feel happy and blessed to have this little get a way and regroup before the new demands come with school, health, and whatever else comes my way. Today I am ending my 30 day fast from sugar.( obvious sugar) and I don't have a desire to have any special treat. I guess it is good to know I can if I want to, but better to not crave it. It wasn't without difficulty, but I feel it has been a good thing and any replacement sugar items are especially for me rather than I am missing out on what others are partaking in. It has created a perspective change!




















No comments:
Post a Comment