Spence spent a few nights in the hospital after Christmas, but it was such a joy to come and help him get released. We are creating a new relationship together, He was snugly and smiley, yet gave eyebrows when I spoke of going home. The step home and his people are normal for him now and I get to be His mom to visit with. I love that he has a life he is calm and comfortable with and I hope he can take that good attitude through more transitions this year.
Emmy is off to start her transition to work in her field instead of just studying in her field. I think she will do great things and learn a lot and be happy. We had a great "Post Christmas" here with gifts and going out to restaurants, and for car rides and even a visit to the bay area. The sunset and music we were listening to were amazing, yet time together with each other made it the best. Making memories and keeping old traditions really solidifies our family ties.
Bumps in the road or hick ups help with that too. Joe's car gave out on him after the New Year and I had to rescue him at 5 am. We are still trying to revive his new to him vehicle, but am glad the dealer is working on it. Joe and I are practicing patience and tenacity together at this time. We'll need it for gunning for graduation time this term. I was happy we got his admittance to BYUI and little pieces of a plan for the next step is coming together. I am still in aw of how the dynamic of the family can change as the children get older and move out. Good thing Celia has a few more years. I'm sure I'll shift into a new gear and it will be exciting and freeing. Visits from them will be wonderful though.
I keep busy with my calling in Young Women's. We had a fun tacky Christmas pajama party and did a great nativity outing with the youth. I will be mentoring younger and younger youth this year with that and having Malaki over while Celia carpool's with my friend from church. I have been cooking a bunch and hosting people for dinner. It was great to have Jason and his girlfriend Robyn here on Thursday. It was a joy to relax and have a great time together. Lots of newness, but I am looking forward to a new year and all the places I'll go and people I'll see and help.























No comments:
Post a Comment