It's been a few weeks being at home and it can be challenging. Celia's school has given us a bif challenge. I call it us because I am involved with every assignment in the many classes she is taking. The work load is stimulating and immense, but we make it through. I can see why my girl has been stressed with her work load this year. We have learned so much and it has been great time together. I read to her the classics and we learn about art history and I'm exposed to latin as a language. Dad helped with the logic asssignments and helped knock those out in no time flat. I am taking pictures of her activities outside and Celia is translating the actions into Latin. I'm glad Celia is so good at the computer, she is navigating quite well through zoom, google classrom and many other avenues. I'm glad my experience uploading pictures to this blog has come in handy in helping with her school work.
There has been more going on at home these past few weeks other than school work. We have Joe back and we are playing games. We had one game of Pandemic with Celia, but we've played Wingspan with Joe and a lot of Magic the Gathering. I am cooking more and having curbside takeout last week was quite the treat (I Heart Teriakyi). Sunday worship has been special and I've felt the sipirt very strong. Joe blessed the sacrament to Spence on our ride. I loved that Joe could do that and that Spencer responded with and smile. He folded his arms and kind of had a look of "Hey, I remember this"!
Some other changes I've noticed is that the house is getting a little more organized and straight. The yard is looking a little more put together with more time spent on it. It is hard work for me to cook and clean and teach more than before, but it is making a positive difference. I miss the reward of playing, traveling, and going out to eat. I can focus on more intrinistic rewards and hope for a time when the growth from this experience can really manifest well.
I can't help but remember the church empahsizing focusing on the things that mattered most. Happily, I feel glad that I had productive time in the temple right up until the closure. I feel happy for the work with teaching the Sunday School class that Celia attended. I am happy about all the time I've tried to make the family a priority and to be prepared in all things. It definitely has been hard, but I have much to be grateful for. I feel the Lord's loving influence in my life and I am comforted as I try to listen to the spirit and come closer to him.
All the reading in I've done in my Mindfulness book, and in Come Follow Me and other speeches has acceleratied my understanding and growth in this difficult time. I miss my friendships and closeness with others, but I am so glad to have time to reflect ann teach with the wall of my own home. I am now hoping to fall in love with being home and growing my talents. We shall see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...









No comments:
Post a Comment