Monday, March 31, 2025
March Mules and Comic Con
After having seen Emmy in Jan. and Feb. it was definitely time to see Joe. I'm so glad he stayed with us for a whole week. We had the best time going out to all our favorite places to eat and playing Magic the Gathering. We each won one game and there were mythics pulled inthe draft which is a fun part of that draft for me. I love his company and we had such a great time hanging out around town in Roseville going to our favorite places. On the Monday he left we ran into a severe thunderstorm. I haven't been in that kind of rain, ever! I was glad when we drove through it and blue skies were on the other side. I was happy we were calm and no accidents happened on the freeway and Joe's flight back to Utah wasn't affected by the crazy weather. March has been busy with hosting book club, I read The Chemist which was the book I was hosting, but I also read three other books to talk about the series were read last month that I only read book one for. Good thing they were a fast read. I also read a book for Master Gardeners and I'll have another one to read for in early April. I'm liking it though.
I've been enjoying all the beautiful sunsets in March. I feel with the spring blossoms on the trees and the rain that comes and goes, we have a beautiful city that is so green and full of nature that it makes me grateful. I'm also glad that Bri had us go to feather river and get a change to drive mules. Joe and I follwed Celia driving Dad in front of us around. I wanted to go more offroad, but the puddles made us stay on the main road a bit. I'm sure Celia was thinking Mom is wanting to be less careful, but I was just having a great time. I got to see Spencer;s smiling face a bit and we are working on gettting him a speech device and I'm so glad he is learning and continuing to grow, Celia was excited about going to Sac Comic Con. I was wanting to dress up a bit as well. I was Daphne from Scooby doo. I couldn't believe how much attention this character got. I was taking pictures with people who asked and took a professional photo there. It was fun, but I wouldnt reccommend wearng a wig longterm. Celia was a Tally Hall band member for her cosplay and was my helper for telling me where to go and when people wanted to take my picture. It was surreal for sure, I came home and was just Mom. No paparazzi, hehe Celia and I did go to Pickelball Pam's wedding and it was so lovely. I play with her three days a weewk and i made otato salad to bring and I let her borrow my tablecloths I had from Emmy's wedding. It went off without a hitch and the food was so good. I'm glad I went there with my pickbell friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...









No comments:
Post a Comment