Sunday, June 14, 2009

Project Organization!

I am trying to adhere to the old adage; Less is More! We have a sweet little Spencer that obsesses about his clothes and changes several (like 9 times, no joke) a day. I have worried about what might happen if I remove his ten billion outfits from his wardrobe and let him wear what he had worn already that day! This maneuver has been many months in the planning. Luckily, I have help via a behaviorist through Capitol Autism services. She is a consultant to me once a week to help with Spencer's behavior! Together we will tackle the constant changing which as you can imagine amounts to insurmountable amounts of laundry! Ive gotten Joseph situated with hangers enough for ten pieces of each. I am learning so much. One thing I've learned is I am not going to wash old clothes or clothes that have holes , or towels that I've had since we were married?! I can feel the weight lifting off my shoulder already. After three yard size garbage bags of clothes gone, I feel great. When we had our floors redone, we moved everything out of each room and threw away so much that had cluttered our lives. Three trips to the dump and I still think we could go more! It is SO much easier to clean and to straighten and it feels great. We cannot take anything with us in the next life, why do we gather so much in this one to the point of bogging ourselves down. I have major plans for a garage overhaul and making our shed into a bike/scooter home. I wish someone would have told me when we were first married how much i wouldn't need all this "stuff". And that acummulation of things can choke you! Now I look at all my clothes/shoes/decorations and feel I don't need anything. Hooray :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the feeling you get when the clutter is gone, and the house is clean!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...