Thursday, July 8, 2010

Growth in my Garden

New gardenia plant.:)
I'm on the hunt for the perfect purple hydrangea bush and a dwarf cheery tree. I've loved planting in my yard this year. I've planted the Geranium, Lavender and Kangaroo Paw that I had pictures of from when my folks came in June. I've planted a Gardenia plant that has bloomed few times, I love the white flower and sweet smell. I remember being young and the many plums and apricots we ate from out backyard trees. They were delicious fruit and they smelled and tasted wonderful I have fond memories of cleaning up the fruit in the backyard after the growing season was finished. We'd grab lids of trash cans to use as shields then call the friends from the culdesac over and we'd throw the fruit at each other. At the end of the day, we'd pick up the fruit, put it in buckets,and water down the grass with hoses with having a water fight too. I like having an apricot tree and a nectarine tree in my backyard. The smell of the fruit reminds me of those younger days.

I also planted the little tree Brian's work gave to us when Poppi passed away. Even trees and plants can remind us of our heritage and those who have gone before us. We had the tree in a pot in our house these few years and now finally after receiving a lot of water and being in the ground, it is starting to grow. I've been enjoying weeding even and replanting my garden since I had lots of interference from Celia and Kirby.

My children seem to grow like these plants, without even seeing it, the cute chubby faces thin out. The shorter little mini me turns into the beautiful five foot five eighth grader. I can't believe how fast Celia's toddler hood passed. One more full year of preschool and she will be off to Kindergarten. I love to create, plant new seeds, and admire the beauty of new beginnings. I am coming to grips with the fact that my babies are growing up and that babies don't keep. I am grateful for the wonderful family I have and feel like it would be nice now to support others with their infants( basically hold others' babies) and be of service for my baby fix. There is great joy to be had in attending to and watching God's creations grow. Each of my children have a lifetime of learning ahead of them, I hope my nurturing of these sweet children will produce great fruits of family togetherness, faith, and great memories filled with love. I am excited to see how my flower and vegetable garden grow this summer and I'm sure my children will grow and bloom as well.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...