
Nanni Lemmon with Emmy and Joseph
My Mom Emelina with Emmy and I
My abuelita in her thirties. I see many family resemblances with her and the daughter and Granddaughters on my side of the family.
Here is Hieu (a friend from my ward) and I watching our girls perform at the rivercats game. It seems like we have been celebrating mother's day for quite a few days now, which is fine with me.:) Bri and I went out on Thursday. I enjoy going out with him. Sometimes we wander because don't having a specific plan. It is fun and spontaneous to me. Also, just driving around listening to music and talking it the most fun part of our dates. We ended up at Fuddruckers, it reminds me of when we lived in Utah and used to go there with Brian's coworkers from Sunrise. The Caesar salad used to be amazing, its alright now, but like I said the company is what matters most. Brian is so thoughtful and I got pearl earrings for mother's day. He got Emmy some smaller pink pearls too. I told her the pressure is on to be a mother someday then.:)
Speaking of Emmy she had fun playing the National Anthem to start the Rivercats game. It was windy, but I was happy to be a part of the band and bringing Brandon's drum from the car because I could see the tunnels under the stadium and got to see what the kids were experiencing in preparing to perform.Emmy is off to great America today for band. They perform in a competition there then they get to enjoy the amusement park all day. She also has a cast party for Drama on Monday. This year end for eighth grade and promotion will be memorable for her. She is going into high school later this year. I can't help but think she will be graduating from high school before I know it. I have enjoyed each developmental stage of my children. I am blessed to have the children that I do.
I am also blessed to have such wonderful mothers in my life as well. Rah Rah is so sweet making each member of our family important, loved, and remembered. We love her cards, postcards, hand sewn articles, and yummy treats. My mom Emelina is so sweet and loving. She has raised me on positive reinforcement. I have been spoiled with love and kindness from her my entire life.
I remember my abuelita Cayita Mejia would come from Honduras each summer and watch Tanya and I . She was so smiley and loving. Nanni is thoughtful and such a refined lady. We all love how she included our family in her life when we lived in Salt Lake. We have fond memories of transplanting daisys and raspberries from her yard, celebrating birthdays and thanksgiving with her. Since we were in a new neighborhood, there weren't many trees so she would have us over to jump in the leaves of their big trees in the fall. There were always treats and the toys in the closet for the kids any time we came over. I have a picture somewhere of a five generation of girls. Nanna Bushman, Nanni Lemmon, Rah Rah, me and Emelie.
Grandma Jean is so loving to us and our family as well. Her quilts have been quite the hit around here and we love to visit her after our vacation at the cabin each time we go. She bends over backwards to be a good hostess to us and makes sure we all feel happy and loved. What a blessing it is to have our children have these beautiful, inspiring women in their lives, to truly know them and be loved by them. Happy Mother's day to them all!
Awe... so sweet!! Love the pictures of all of them!
ReplyDeleteThanks! There are even more wonderful mothers I didn't mention and wish I had pictures of Like my Grandma Holmes. Thank goodness for wonderful women!
ReplyDelete