Its May and I finally got my garden in. This year I had been undecided on what to plant. I have a strawberry plant left over from previous years and was given a suggestion by our very own master Gardener and decided to take it. The suggestion was to make the garden a patch of strawberries to bloom ,grow, and cover the area in a few seasons. Joseph and I went and bought some strawberry starts. We also got a few herbs such and sweet basil, Belgium thyme, and rosemary. I threw an artichoke plant in for good measure.
Just like every year, we plant with faith hoping it will produce and we attend to them as best we can. Celia and Spencer were involved in the actual planting with me and the kids and I are pretty excited about our little garden. There are a few strawberries on the plants and where Celia saw one she exclaimed it was her favorite thing every and wanted to turn it into her house. After hearing her imagination bloom and plans emerge, I brought her down to earth a little bit by telling her it takes more than one day to build a house. She sighed, but is quite hopeful. One of these days we may turn our shed into a play house for her. She'll love it.
In the meantime, we are enjoying our time outdoors being in the garden. I find peace and happiness in the backyard among the trees and bushes we've planted since we've lived here. I love the front yard too with sitting on the porch and recalling days when we had the big tree, or watching the kids outside play football, fly kites, throw water balloons or just play with our neighbors. The kids have had great fun with Austin and Mckenna, Sarah and Gracie, and Megan and Jacob. Its been seven years we have lived here. It has been full of good experiences, friendships, and fun. Some of our fun has become traditions like fourth of July block parties, picnics on the grass, treasure hunts in our backyard, and other years we do things differently. I am beginning to see things change and it is nice to enjoy the traditions or way things are while they are happening . It is also good to look at the upcoming changes as a new adventure and a chance to experience more and grow. When we moved from Utah to here, it was a big change and a bit of an adjustment. It has been so wonderful. We love living nearer to our families and we love all the blessings we have received by being here. I am looking forward to what is next in our journey. I've always planted zucchini and tomatoes in my garden and now I'm making a strawberry patch and it will be great. Will this year bring more of the same wonderful times with our children or will we embark on a new adventure with them, for either I am ready.:)
Just like every year, we plant with faith hoping it will produce and we attend to them as best we can. Celia and Spencer were involved in the actual planting with me and the kids and I are pretty excited about our little garden. There are a few strawberries on the plants and where Celia saw one she exclaimed it was her favorite thing every and wanted to turn it into her house. After hearing her imagination bloom and plans emerge, I brought her down to earth a little bit by telling her it takes more than one day to build a house. She sighed, but is quite hopeful. One of these days we may turn our shed into a play house for her. She'll love it.
In the meantime, we are enjoying our time outdoors being in the garden. I find peace and happiness in the backyard among the trees and bushes we've planted since we've lived here. I love the front yard too with sitting on the porch and recalling days when we had the big tree, or watching the kids outside play football, fly kites, throw water balloons or just play with our neighbors. The kids have had great fun with Austin and Mckenna, Sarah and Gracie, and Megan and Jacob. Its been seven years we have lived here. It has been full of good experiences, friendships, and fun. Some of our fun has become traditions like fourth of July block parties, picnics on the grass, treasure hunts in our backyard, and other years we do things differently. I am beginning to see things change and it is nice to enjoy the traditions or way things are while they are happening . It is also good to look at the upcoming changes as a new adventure and a chance to experience more and grow. When we moved from Utah to here, it was a big change and a bit of an adjustment. It has been so wonderful. We love living nearer to our families and we love all the blessings we have received by being here. I am looking forward to what is next in our journey. I've always planted zucchini and tomatoes in my garden and now I'm making a strawberry patch and it will be great. Will this year bring more of the same wonderful times with our children or will we embark on a new adventure with them, for either I am ready.:)
Your garden looks great!!! We have had so little sun, that ours aren't even peeking out of the dirt yet.
ReplyDelete