Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Band Concert

Joseph had his First Band Concert for Chilton Middle School. Since they are a brand new school their band teacher comes from a nearby school for one period a day. She is great and the kids are learning very quickly.  The concert was a fundraiser party and all the band members dressed up and played in their Halloween costumes. Joseph was ghost rider and flipped his mask up to play his trumpet.




Joseph seems to have a talent for the trumpet and happily he is learning that practice makes perfect. He pulls it out and practices every chance he gets. It makes me so happy to hear that rather than some Netflix T.V. shows showing on the kindle fire. Kids have entertainment at their fingertips so easily, I love the practice of learning to make music, its a talent and Joseph has it. I missed all of the concerts I've been to for Emmy. The band families became familiar to me. Here there was no one in the room of 300Plus people other than Joseph that i knew. He was great and I loved his little smirk for accomplishing a great thing. He played in Jazz band and in concert band. I think he played around 7 songs. We celebrated after with some fries and Ice cream. I wonder while celebratory food is so bad for you? Lol. That's a subject for another post.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...