I had a prayer with Bri and the family and after much preparation Emmy, Celia, Joseph and I headed to Grandma's house.We saw a beautiful sunset and although there was a bit of traffic, we were enjoying our ride down. Mid way through the grapevine we decided to pull off and get some food. As I was turning left the car in front of me seemed to be going backwards and as I slammed on the brakes, I realized glass and other debris was headed our way. I yelled and realized after looking around, we hadn't made contact with the car and the big monster truck that struck him was head on in front of us shining its headlights less than two feet away from our car. I got out, we were fine, our car was fine, and all was well with the other drivers. Yes, I felt we were spared from the accident. Not lucky, but protected. As the days and events unfolded that week. I saw more and more the tender mercies, good deeds, and blessings we received. It sounds silly to name them, not conveying the love and fortune we felt. Suffice it to say we enjoyed a lovely time in great places, with family, and did well to strengthen our most important relationships, that of the family.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Ringing In the New Year
Sometimes I feel like writing things down is so very beneficial. I had an amazing week last week and yet the memories start to fade just a little in the light of new challenges and the mundane. I was the recipient of many tender mercies. First of which was strength and health to drive to L.A. and back. I felt very ill the night before leaving for our trip to visit my folks in L.A. I heard there were problems and accidents on the grapevine due to snow and Ice. I checked the weather there and realized Friday would be the time to go and that getting there before dark would be ideal.
I had a prayer with Bri and the family and after much preparation Emmy, Celia, Joseph and I headed to Grandma's house.We saw a beautiful sunset and although there was a bit of traffic, we were enjoying our ride down. Mid way through the grapevine we decided to pull off and get some food. As I was turning left the car in front of me seemed to be going backwards and as I slammed on the brakes, I realized glass and other debris was headed our way. I yelled and realized after looking around, we hadn't made contact with the car and the big monster truck that struck him was head on in front of us shining its headlights less than two feet away from our car. I got out, we were fine, our car was fine, and all was well with the other drivers. Yes, I felt we were spared from the accident. Not lucky, but protected. As the days and events unfolded that week. I saw more and more the tender mercies, good deeds, and blessings we received. It sounds silly to name them, not conveying the love and fortune we felt. Suffice it to say we enjoyed a lovely time in great places, with family, and did well to strengthen our most important relationships, that of the family.
After the Aquarium of the Pacific at night, we found Celia's doll she had lost, and my kids player with their cousins( Addison and Kieran) played the Wii literally until they were taken home for family time. Sunday we enjoyed some Church and a Thanksgiving like New years Eve Dinner, Delicious~
Knott's Berry Farm was a highlight of our trip. Fast pass;) and an Ariel view of all of Orange county's New year's fireworks from the Sky cabin was Magical. Celia loved the lollipops and stuff animal used to comfort her after going on "The Jaguar". We all were happy driving home to be back with Spencer and Brian. He was so great to watch him for that time away. Happy New year, now I just can't wait for school to start.:)
I had a prayer with Bri and the family and after much preparation Emmy, Celia, Joseph and I headed to Grandma's house.We saw a beautiful sunset and although there was a bit of traffic, we were enjoying our ride down. Mid way through the grapevine we decided to pull off and get some food. As I was turning left the car in front of me seemed to be going backwards and as I slammed on the brakes, I realized glass and other debris was headed our way. I yelled and realized after looking around, we hadn't made contact with the car and the big monster truck that struck him was head on in front of us shining its headlights less than two feet away from our car. I got out, we were fine, our car was fine, and all was well with the other drivers. Yes, I felt we were spared from the accident. Not lucky, but protected. As the days and events unfolded that week. I saw more and more the tender mercies, good deeds, and blessings we received. It sounds silly to name them, not conveying the love and fortune we felt. Suffice it to say we enjoyed a lovely time in great places, with family, and did well to strengthen our most important relationships, that of the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...






No comments:
Post a Comment