Joseph is off to scout camp( He left at 4am on Monday and won't be back until Sat! I sent him a letter, I hope he gets it.) and Emmy to Girls camp. She had to say by to all her friends she texts for a week without electronics in the mountains. What will she do without her music?!
Emmy is crazy for Dimple Records( a used music/book store). We went by Folsom to the American river the other day, but only after we checked out the Folsom Dimple and she spent all her money and then some on CDs..She also got grounded from her car for being out all day Dimple Records hopping when I expected and needed her home! When not grounded though, she is having friends over, and I'm driving her and her posse to church dances on Saturday nights. It is kind of fun, actually!
With Spencer back in school, Celia and I have a lot of time together. We play imaginary, do science experiments, and shop. She cooks with me and reads all sorts of Phineas and Ferb books Brian got her that are third grade level! Spence and the tutors and I have been going on community outings. I'm glad Spence is a bit more calm and is getting out a bit more. He was refusing to go into public places for quite some time. Too much sensory overload , I think. We are still working on church. He has shunned the building since they replaced all the carpet.
It looks like I may have another bone graft oral surgery coming up soon, I'm such a pro at them(a lot of experience)that I'm sure it will go fine. I did have an MRI the other day. That was pretty interesting and I was proud to make it through without too much claustrophobia. I have been watching a show on Netflix called "Alphas". Brian says it sound like a spin off of X-men. It probably is , but I like that they have an autistic boy on there using his extraordinary gifts to help solve mysteries, and find other people who aren't neuro-typical. They show MRI's on there too and brain images. It is all quite interesting to me.
Fourth of July is around the corner and I can't believe Tanya has pretty much moved to Hawaii. I'll go and still visit my folks and experience our tradition of fireworks at the Mulesteins, ribs, and celebrating Grandpa's birthday early. Times change and those traditions fade and new ones begin. All time together is precious and fond memories with the family are so important to me.





No comments:
Post a Comment