Saturday, September 7, 2013

Family Time and Couches

It was a pretty special opportunity to take Emmy and Joseph to the Sacramento temple with us for Stake Temple day on Labor Day. It was Joseph's first time and Emmy said he was all smiles doing baptisms. I had some family names and it was very special remembering them and doing their work there. Brian and I did sealings and felt great about it. It makes me want to go back and do more. The stake Relief Society president was in our sealing session and told me after that was very special, and it was. I was so moved by the presence I felt there and the knowledge that families can be together forever and we can know and do things for our ancestors.

My folks celebrated their 44th wedding anniversary yesterday. There are having a great time on a cruise and were in Iceland on the day. The cute bench with the waterfalls to watch seems like a great anniversary spot! I'm glad they have been great parents to me and that they've made it this long, hehe.  I feel grateful they have taught and lived the gospel for me all of their lives. Emmy and I are counting down the days until we visit them in October and see her favorite band, Yellowcard in concert.

Also, over Labor day weekend, we got new couches! I love that we have a set a long couch and a loveseat. Even though we got them from some ward members that didn't want to move them to their new house they fit great in our house! They are my style and colors I like. The family has been liking hanging out on them and I'm glad we have more seating for when family comes to visit.~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...