I was pretty impressed with the Nimbus Fish Hatchery. The American River is so beautiful and full of wildlife. Apparently building the dam near there made the spawning area for salmon non existent. Now they have the salmon run the ladders and they harvest their eggs from them and grow them. no wonder salmon is expensive in the stores and at restaurants. I couldn't believe how many there were, how strong and persistent they were, technically at the end of their lives and pregnant? I have new found respect for this migration and for these fish.
All the kids were kind and nice. One boy showed Celia how to climb up on the big fish play structure. Another touched her knee to make sure she was okay when she stumbled just a little walking on the bent railroad ties. Two positives to help pad again some shunning of her later at the recess at the park. Celia walked away and will earn a sticker that accumulated at the end of the month. Those will earn her a trophy for great behavior. If she feels kids are being negative towards her, she can walk away instead of punching their lights out.:) I'm happy with the little group I was in charge of and what a great field trip it was today. It was 75 degrees out and gorgeous and I value the time I am able t have with my Celia bear.


















No comments:
Post a Comment