Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Good in Gradtitude and Praise for Relief.

I'm grateful for the little things. After many months of different adversity, we now have healthy skin, a freezer that makes ice, and kids doing better in school, and tutoring back in session. Adversity can be difficult especially when it seems to disrupt what we are used to. I am grateful for the love and gospel in my life to get me through hard times. I have had  many thoughts and new ways of thinking as I try to search for peace amongst upheaval. I know the Lord is real and loves me. I feel supported in my efforts to do all that I can in life, then take it to the Lord. It is interesting to me when we are in the thick of things, there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel and that hardship will not pass. It does, and the sun comes up and we feel grateful when the storm passes. 

My folks are coming for Thanksgiving. My mom is bringing napkins rings and napkins. I searched around and found them very expensive. My mom has extras and is willing to share. I'm grateful for her generosity.

Brian and I have had great date nights this month. Recently, We've enjoyed Long John Silvers with Emmy and Joseph with some early Christmas shopping. We have taken rides with just Bri, me, and Spencer which has been nice. We love to listen to "December" by George Winston. It is relaxing and inspiring piano music. I love the candles, bath stuff, and material to read I receive from Brian. He is so great.

Spence has doing great at school. We are so pleased with Odyssey learning center and his potty training there and his great use of exercise equipment and his IPAD to communicate. He also has great OT and speech therapies which he receives there.

Emmy has been doing great in Speech and debate. I think doing well has boosted her confidence and focus a little in school and we are seeing a much awaited upward rise in her grades.

Joseph, Celia and Emmy did a great job pulling weeds on Saturday, then Joseph and I stated and pruned, trimmed and cleaned up the yard. It was beautiful out and so fulfilling. Joseph got the latest diary of a wimpy kid book as a prize for being such a hard worker. He then read more than a hundred pages of the book. That made me happy. We want to teach our children good work ethic and the importance of reading. 

Celia got a good report from her parent teacher conference. I was sure glad Rah Rah could come over and watched her while I went and talked with Celia's teacher. It feels so god to have family be there for you and to spend time together. Celia had great behavior and earned a trophy from mom for best behavior. She is pretty pleased.  She dressed up in a beautiful pink dress with pearls and long gloves from nanny. She felt like and looked like a  princess! Celia likes to do her "job" of sticking her body out the car sunroof to wait for Joseph. We sit in the car together and talk about our day. It is a nice time.

I'm grateful for darker hair for the fall/winter to cover up my stylish, but stress induced gray patch in the front of my hair and my ten year ring that I have to wear that is "more updated" according to my sister.:) God is good, life is good, and I'm grateful for the strength and understanding I have gained through being "tried"  just a little.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...