I was happy to come home to my sweet family, but had a great time at Time Out for Women in Sacramento. I was excited to see Sherri dew, but she had a funeral to attend to. Family first. That is so important so I wasn't too put out by it. fortunately I was able to car pool over with some friends. We stopped at Subway and got dinner and went and met up with several ladies from our ward for the event. It was a more serious evening of religious talks then we walked to Crepeville. It was a great evening dessert. I love to get strawberries and nutella for my crepe toppings. There were close to twenty us walking around downtown at night. I was a little bit shocked by the bars hopping and the night life and the homeless in the area. I don't get out to downtown at night much so it was a unusual experience. Saturday's event was more upbeat and funny. I was inspired by Noelle Pikus, the silver medalist in the 2014 Sochi winter Olympics. She overcame so much after an accident and with he determination of a dream and the support of her family she succeeded with her goal to earn a medal. There were many inspiring messages from her, but I noticed she lived and endured well her trials. There seemed to be a theme of doing our destiny and overcoming trials and enduring well. It may have just been speaking to me, but I felt to focus more on my stewardship of my family. I am helping the next generation by raising my children to be spiritual, upstanding, responsible citizens, and great people. It is influence enough even though the world would have us want fame, fortune, and recognition. I can help society in my little neck of the woods by raising good people. I also enjoyed the speakers who were men at the event. I learned a few great things about Isaiah and how to be happy from their talks. There wasn't any new material really, but it was great reminders of how I can try to do better and to take it one step at a time. One of the highlights of the weekend was all the going out to eat with the girls. Lucca's was especially yummy and fun. I had the chicken picatta and a few bites of delicious cheesecake.We may have to visit there again. The waiter liked our tip and I felt proud being in charge of figuring out the tab. I tell joseph it was using algebra in real life and I think I earned some brownie points with him. I cant forget another part of the weekend I loved which was seeing friends from my old stake. It was a very warm and welcoming two days amongst great women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Times at Home
My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
I love the warmth of the colors of fall, even when its growing cooler outside. Brown is a nice color too, a color I wear and enjoy around me...




No comments:
Post a Comment