Time to get away is unusual, few and far between. 'm glad Brian and I have date night sometimes with a few of our children to catch up on each other's lives. Otherwise I fear we might grow apart because of our daily tasks that are so different from each other. Our children bring us together and also take time from us as a couple. Needless to say I was pretty happy going to a wedding reception with just Brian in a beautiful place such as Calistoga, California. I was surprised by the beauty of the Napa valley. The vineyards, shops bed and breakfast we passed wall so beautiful. The leaves were starting to turn and the feeling was Autumn cozy which is one of my favorite feelings. There was however a smell of fermenting fruit as we came closer to our destination. We toured a cave at the winery when they store all their fancy wines in barrel and wait for just the right time to bottle. It was interesting to hear from a winemaker of the chemistry timing and allure of the business. There is definitely a prestige of the Napa valley for wine I wasn't fully aware of since I am not a consumer of wine.
The salmon and salad were my favorites, but all the food was excellent.The view at sunset was beautiful and the tram ride up the hill was delightful. The castle winery across the way was impressive and others said it was as authentic as they could make it as a England castle, materials being imported from there. Maybe I can get a feel for England by visiting there and I wont need to travel so far. I miss my family when I'm not with them. I feel tried to them and my great duties for them. They are so much fun. As they grow older I've noticed their personalities and likes and favorite things and I begin to appreciate them too. I cant believe Emmy will technically be all grown up at Eighteen years old tomorrow. I remember thinking I'd be pregnant forever as the doctors and I expected her to come for Halloween. We all are so blessed to have her in our family. She keeps me young and I love doing things with and for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...



No comments:
Post a Comment