Sunday, February 1, 2015

A New Day

Welcome February! I am not one for over scheduling or keeping my self busy with so many tasks, so January was a little fast paced for me. I did see and hear much at Emmy's Speech and Debate tournament (we brought Emmy's friends; Jocelin and Nancy) that made me grateful to be dedicated to motherhood and the family. These students are so amazing and their sad stories of the life as they see it are depressing and real. Drugs, suicide, depression, self harm, bullying, detachment from others, chronic medical conditions, and death are some of the issues brought up in these speeches. I believe that more of societies problems could be resolved with kindness, charity and strong families. I heard these bright students echo this and it brought me hope for the next generation. They seem to know relationships with people and being there for one another is better than busy distractions and worldly pursuits.

Emmy did a original prose and Poetry piece this time. She is in the novice category, but still got fourth place with a new speech she had not preformed before. I was supposed to be judging while she was performing, but as blessing would have it I had opportunity to go and see Emmy. She did and excellent job It is a long day of hard work and anticipation on those tournament days. Emmy did go to Winter ball too that day. She wanted to go and found a date somewhat last minute so I'm happy it all worked out. We like Craig, he is a good kid.





Celia has been super cute lately too. She has been asking Brian on Daddy Daughter dates to get ready for the dance. They had a great time although she still got sick form eating too may sweets like last year and they came home early. She loves pink and sweets and being out, but its cute how overstimulating it can all be then its time to call it quits.  Celia has been snugly with me lately too. She loves the robe Brian and her picked out for me for Christmas and is always saying how soft I am. I like all the hugs. I was however surprised when I went down the hall to find a piece of pink construction paper with a note that said "Best Mom Ever"!! She had also cute hearts cut out from paper. Each had a letter on it and the message lined up read "I love Mom".  There was also a large cupcake sparkly sticker with the message. What a great way to start off February feeling the love. I love my family so much and and glad I get to spend so much time with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...