Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Birthday blessings

I should have know that my birthday would be great, but I wasn't sure. I was beginning to think all had forgotten it. At my age it isn't the end of the world, but unusual for my family. Brian gave me my present early and pulled one out he has been reserving from Papa and Rah Rah. It cheered me right up. Then we went for a car ride and ran some errands with the family. Emmy was at youth conference, but she would have like going to the mall with us. We ate yummy food at the food court and shopped at stores we liked and tried out the massage chairs. I was pleased to see how well Spencer did there.

 On Saturday we went shopping for a cake, I really wanted one that was light and fluffy and wouldn't give me a sugar rush headache. We found a great one at a wonderful bakery that was highly recommended. We visited my folks and went swimming. Emmy and Joseph and I went to the movies to see Pixels, a pretty funny and weird Adam Sandler movie. We had In N Out and I felt like we had already celebrated quite well.

On Sunday we went to church. I wanted Celia to wear a new dress someone in our ward had given her and it was red and  full of sparkle. I had gotten a new red skirt while in Utah so we made a all wear red theme of it. Sacrament meeting was wonderful and I enjoyed primary. They sang Happy Birthday to me while having me dress up in over sized sunglasses and a funny floppy lime green hat. I was pretty pleased with the day so far. After church we went to my folks and had a lovely time in the backyard eating dinner and dessert.The air quality was bad from fires, but the delta breeze picked up and it was so nice outside talking about family history and being together. My back was bothering me a little, but all as so wonderful I didn't think much of it. It was a perfect Birthday weekend. On Monday, I pulled my back doing laundry. One year older than boom, things change dramatically. I still tried to make the most of it. The girls and I went to the chiropractor then shopped with the grandparents and went out to lunch at the good Costco that has a nice nature reserve to visit right behind the building. I feel blessed my children have been helping out as I've been in pain.  Brian took the kids to a ward family home evening while I rested and Spencer ended up not making it to sleep until the wee hours of the morning.. Father of the year right there. There are blessing in all situations and I feel grateful for my family and love and usual health I enjoy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...