Mother's Day went pretty well. My family shows appreciation to me throughout the year so I don't need a big ta do on the day. I still cook food and do my motherly duties, but there are a lot more homemade cards involved and lots of hugs and kisses. Spencer made me a cute bird feeder at school and my mom sent me to the salon to get my hair done. I got beautiful flower pajamas from Briand and a washer dryer. I may have overdone it getting ready for my new washer dryer to come. I realized cleaning the house all day and doing many loads of laundry in barefeet wasn't exactly the kind of support my feet needed. Luckily My feet are feeling much better now and a trip to my favorite shoes store, Clarks, was a great success. Celia and I had a lovely mother daughter time at the church playing games, painting nails, and eating the treats they had prepared. I got a package form Emmy with my very own BYUI sweatshirt inside. It was pink so Joseph wouldn't try and wear it because my sweats seemed to get stolen by him. Emmy s off at school and doing a lot of homework and getting in the groove of college life again. We miss her, but I know I will see her before we know it with this three track system.
We have had a lot of change around here with brian changing jobs. He got a new car which is nice. We've reduced tutoring down quite a bit. Spence and I have taken the change of routine a little hard, but things are settling in and I'm enjoying driving a car a little more than a minivan these days and are grateful for the support from my parents as we end the school year and try to keep all the appointments and tasks we have to get done. We have shared nice meals with them and my Dad went on a father son campout with Brian and Joseph. I'm glad to have them in town. It is too good to be true and I worry as they age and have little health problems here and there, but am glad we are able to spend so much time together.
I was able to go to the temple last week with some girlfriends. I felt an overwhelming feeling that family and relationships matter most. That is what we take with us into the next life. I want to be near my family and support them and have them bring me the joy they do. I feel so grateful for the happy times in our life. I love date night and family outings. We went out for ice cream yesterday and we do pretty well together. No fighting, just enjoying each other's company. I'm sure the ice cream helped. I've been teaching the little boys in the ward through cub scouts and primary. They are so cute and energetic and so malleable. Its nice to have young ones around, but it can be stressful too. I am trying to find balance in my exercise, food, ward callings, and rest. Life can be so fast. I am trying to relax and slow down during turbulent times and have faith through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment