Spencer will start extended school year on Monday. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel like summer. Spence and I have a good time together and I have been taking him more places lately. He went to a farewell luncheon with me for two of my friends moving out of state, he has spent some time swimming at grandma's and shopping with me for cars! The boys were in Utah for EFy and game playing, but now they are back and we are enjoying our weekly routines of date night and hanging out at home together. We got a new car 2016 Passat and it makes me happy to see how clean it is and to drive it is relaxing. I love that it has hands free technology for my phone and that we really found a car that is a compromise of something light and beautiful for me yet familiar for the boys.
I bought the car at night and brought it to the dealer the next day to have it detailed. They didn't want me just sitting there bored so they offered me a shuttle to the mall. It was so nice going alone to the mall, browsing the half yearly sales and just relaxing. I haven't used much respite this time when Spence has been out of school for two weeks. I interview a new respite worker on Friday and maybe we can get something going there. At the mall, I browsed my favorite stores and started to feel a sense of gratefulness. I have all that I need and want. I am so blessed with a great family and life. I think I have been too busy to really stop and look at all the blessing in my life and appreciate them, and really acknowledge the goodness of God, My husband, My children, extended family, and the blessings of health. There are always hiccups and stressors, but the blessings are so much greater.My feeling grateful for them only comes when I look and know they are there. I love exercising with my friend Laurie most weekdays,.. I love our yoga day and the days we walk in nature. I love that Bri and I go out to dinner and that we still save and try to be frugal. My family members are characters and they are so loving to me. I got a letter from Emmy this week that was payoff. How wonderful to have a grown child love and express appreciation for me through a letter home. I try to be the heart of the home and serve others and keep everyone happy. It is difficult, but so great to reap the rewards and blessings of my effort. I'm sure I will have a lot of feelings of "finally" as we pass through more milestones and overcome more hurdles, but what a great ride it will be.



No comments:
Post a Comment