I was in the temple the last few months and have felt peace. Family relationships matter and God is a constant we can rely on. Hopefully, and happily our best friends in life help us to bear the hard times and celebrate the great ones. He is our rock though and we can stand in perilous times because of the comfort he brings. I really believe it. We can live again with our families. There Is life after death and it may be different than here... More simple and more majestic and beautiful. More clean and organized. What a place to rest. I can feel heaven on earth sometimes with my family. I can feel it in serene gardens and quiet moments of reflection and prayer. I can feel it in moments of gratitude and service.
I am grateful for those who have gone before me and tread this path in harder times with less convenience and support. When I was young I took for granted my health and energy, comfort and routine. I'm sure I do now also to some extent, but I am seeing that places we love change, vacation spots every year end, water is plentiful followed by drought then water again. Enduring to the end with peace of mind is a true task of life. I feel happy and even though there have been a lot of changes around here lately. It is okay. new experiences and opportunities and blessings are plentiful and are making life more joyous.
Joseph got to go boating for the first time. It looks fun and he loves the water. Emmy is off enjoying waterfall visits in Idaho(jealous) and getting a few new hair colors. I went to an Annual Bunco pool party with the ladies and it was a great time, so relaxing. I was remembering the book group I used to go to for many years. It is not disbanded, but would not be the same with out Angie who is moving to Brazil with her family to do church service. It is so inspirational, her faith to change. My folks moved out of L.A. so trips to there aren't as often. I like our new places to go visit instead like Mendocino and Monterey. Who knows we might even visit Oregon now. Life can be good even if it isn't as it once was. The fond memories become more important and bright and make up the fabric of who we are. I want to be in the moment now and love every minute of it as it may change.
Joseph is getting glasses. We are eating outside the car again since I have tan leather interior on my new car that I'd like to keep clean. My dad is turning 70 this next month, and Celia is turning into a little preteen with Liberty labs(math week of summer school) and Camptastic. Joseph is doing well in summer school and has summer reading for advanced classes coming up his sophomore year. Also, We are prepping Joseph to drive. It is all weird and different, but good! I can't wait to see what the next twenty years bring!






No comments:
Post a Comment